Watch Alice's Adventures in Wonderland free with Marquee TV
We've partnered with Marquee TV, the global streaming service offering the best of dance, opera, theatre and music on demand, to offer Spectator Club members exclusive access to one free performance per month.
This month's performance is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland from The Royal Ballet.
To enjoy the show, simply:
1. Visit https://www.marquee.tv/spectatorclub-redeem
2. Enter code ALICE-Q06LHRG and click Validate Ticket
3. You will then be asked to enter your email to create an account (for free)
4. After this you will see a "Success!" message. Click Next
5. If you would like to take advantage of our free trial or 50% off our annual subscription then click that option. If not, just select ‘No Thanks, Just Take Me to The Show’.
About the production:
Christopher Wheeldon’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland burst onto the stage in 2011 in an explosion of colour, stage magic and inventive, sophisticated choreography. Joby Talbot’s score combines contemporary sound worlds with sweeping melodies that gesture to ballet scores of the 19th century. Bob Crowley’s wildly imaginative, eye-popping designs draw on everything from puppetry to projections to make Wonderland wonderfully real. Alice encounters a cast of extraordinary and instantly recognisable characters, from the highly strung Queen of Hearts – who performs a hilarious send-up of The Sleeping Beauty’s famous Rose Adage – to a playing card corps de ballet, a sinuous caterpillar and a tap-dancing Mad Hatter. But the ballet does not avoid the darker undercurrents of Lewis Carroll’s story: a nightmarish kitchen, an eerily disembodied Cheshire Cat and the unhinged tea party are all here in vivid detail. The delicious result shows The Royal Ballet at its best, bringing together world-class dance with enchanting family entertainment.